All around the country, Americans feel trapped in a cycle of obtaining, using, and recovering from the use of drugs and alcohol. For people struggling with addiction, they may feel like there is no hope. They have heard that addiction is a chronic condition and that it will get progressively worse. However, a substance abuse treatment center program can help individuals overcome this condition. When you contact Ethan Crossing Recovery, you can get the tools and skills you need to fight back against this disease. To learn more about how our program can help you, contact us today at 833.691.0736.
How Substance Abuse Treatment At A Rehab Center Works
One of the main advantages of an alcohol detox center program is that you get the care that fits your individual needs. The days of one-size-fits-all treatment are over. Now, your treatment specialist will determine what type of treatment you need based on your unique situation. For instance, many people who struggle with addiction also struggle with mental health issues such as depression and need the help of a depression treatment program. In some situations, a mental health condition causes addiction. The person is having a hard time coping with their symptoms, and because they do not know what else to do, they turn to substances. In some situations, maybe a doctor prescribed medication, and they quickly become addicted to that medication. In other cases, their addiction may have caused mental health problems.
At a substance abuse treatment center, we can give you the tools to manage your mental health problem and addiction simultaneously, including addiction treatment therapy. This treatment option can also include dual diagnosis treatment. Dual diagnosis treatment is an excellent option for those who grapple with both because it reduces the likelihood of relapse for both conditions.
Treatment Options At Our Recovery Center
At Ethan Crossing Recovery, we are committed to helping you overcome your addiction. We treat a wide range of conditions through programs like:
About 38% of adults in 2017 battled an illicit drug use disorder.
Need Substance Abuse Treatment in Ohio?
Addiction is a chronic disease that is classified by the fact that a person compulsively seeks drugs even though there are harmful consequences. Most experts now recognize this condition as a brain disease and mental disorder. Because of this classification, the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders has specific characteristics that determine how severe the disease is. If you have 2 or 3 of the symptoms, you have a mild addiction. Those who struggle with 4 or 5 of the signs likely have a moderate dependency, while those who have six or more have a severe addiction. You may struggle with addiction and need the help of a residential treatment program if you:
- Use the substance in more significant amounts or over a more extended period than you intended to.
- Struggle with a persistent desire to cut down or control your substance use, but have failed.
- Spend a significant amount of time obtaining the substance, using it, or recovering from its effects.
- Experience cravings or strong desires to use the substance.
- Fail to fulfill commitments at work, home, or school due to using the substance.
- Experience exacerbated social or interpersonal problems due to using the substance.
- Give up social, recreational, or occupational activities to use the substance.
- Repeatedly use the substance in physically hazardous situations.
- Continue to use the substance though it causes or makes persistent physical or psychological problems worse.
- Developed a tolerance for the substance, meaning that you need more of it to get the same effect.
- Entered withdrawal if you have not used the substance for an extended amount of time.
Getting addiction treatment can change your life. To learn more about the advantages of a substance abuse treatment center in Ohio, contact us today at 833.691.0736.