Watching A Loved One Suffer
Addiction is a common problem that impacts many more people than you might believe. Over 70,000 drug overdose deaths occur in the US annually. People who suffer from substance abuse disorder can become unrecognizable to even their closest friends and family members. The disease can ruin relationships, friendships, and professions, as well as put a person’s health and safety in jeopardy.
Addiction is said to be a family disease, and this is true. When a person suffers from addiction it impacts everyone around them. Having to watch a loved one suffer because they are addicted to drugs or alcohol is a scary experience. Your care for that person, whether it’s your spouse, kid, parent, sister, or closest friend, is all-consuming. The situation is likely to make family members feel crushed, helpless, and overwhelmed. It’s important to remember that you are not alone and that help is in reach.
Start With Help For Yourself
Research on addiction emphasizes the importance of loved ones taking care of themselves first. They connect this concept to the directions provided to passengers on airplanes, which state that each passenger must first put on their oxygen mask before assisting anybody else.
There are certain things you can do to improve your mental well-being while dealing with the high levels of stress that come with caring for someone with a substance abuse disorder. Setting healthy boundaries, practicing self-compassion, and letting go of the past are all examples. Some other steps you can take include:
Once you’ve recognized that your loved one has a drug or alcohol issue, you can better reach out to them by learning more about the disease of addiction.
A private therapy session offers a secure space for anxious family members to discuss honestly and work through concerns without fear of being judged or blamed.
Connecting with peers may be beneficial, especially if families choose a well-known, trustworthy program such as Al-Anon or Alateen.
Treatment Options For The Addict
It’s important to set yourself up for success when you choose a drug rehab center. At Ethan Crossing Recovery, we have developed unique therapy programs for each substance, including the following:
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Meth addiction treatment
- Alcohol addiction treatment
Your recovery experience will be different from everyone else that you meet at Ethan Crossing Recovery. That’s why we treat you as an individual, starting with the admissions process. You have a say in every step of your treatment, including choosing treatment programs that appeal to you.
DIFFERENT LEVELS OF CARE AT ETHAN CROSSING RECOVERY
We believe in providing an entire spectrum of care that includes proper nutrition, exercise, mental health treatment, individual and group therapy, and family therapy. Some programs available at our drug rehab center include the following:
- Residential treatment program – This immersive approach includes 24-hour supervision, access to nutritious meals, and excellent amenities that promote healing and wellness.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Our PHP includes full-day treatment but doesn’t require an overnight stay. This is ideal for those who have family, work, or school commitments that prevent them from taking advantage of our residential treatment program. Treatment tapers off as you progress through the program.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Our intensive outpatient treatment program allows you to build your recovery plan around your current schedule. Some clients use this program to step down from a PHP program as they prepare to return to independent living.
- Medication-assisted treatment program – You can receive relief from cravings and withdrawal symptoms with medication-assisted treatment during detox and recovery.
Drug and alcohol addiction affects you, your loved ones, friends, and coworkers. Take control of your life back into your own hands and receive the medical care you need to help your body and mind heal during recovery.
Ethan Crossing Is Here For You
Ethan Crossing Recovery is here to assist you in taking the necessary measures to overcome your addiction. If you would like to live a healthy life without drugs or alcohol, take the first important step and reach out to Ethan Crossing Recovery. Fill the form below to take the first step towards a healthy life.